Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Finally! Pictures!

Above is the back of my sweater along with the button card that I have chosen. The pattern is the Red Cabled Sweater from Karabella Yarns (I think that's right) I got the back done in about two weeks time. I'm pleased with the feel of the yarn and I love the color. Above is a picture of the front and back of the sweater together. The front has been challenging to me. Earlier today, I had frogged a couple of rows because I had forgotten to decrease at the same time as I was binding off. A break from the WIP's. Above is a picture of my knitting bag along with my tool bag. The orange yarn is Malabrigo's Glazed Carrot. The other is Lorna's Laces Bittersweet. The Glazed Carrot is earmarked for my next Lady Eleanor. I have five other skeins of the Glazed Carrot. The Lorna's Laces is just a lone skein. I am thinking about making a cowl out of that skein. I had made a sock out of the same colorway but a different yarn weight. A close up of the two skeins of yarn. The photo doesn't do the yarn justice.

Above is my Lady Eleanore in progress. It is knitted in Malabrigo's Sapphire Magenta. I absoloutely love the feel of this yarn. It is super soft and very easy to knit with. I have plans on giving this Lady Eleanor to my Mom and knitting another up for me in the Malabrigo Glazed Carrot that you saw in one of the pictures above. There are a couple more Lady E pictures if you were to scroll down more.

Above, may I introduce to you the Moebius that I had been working on. The yarn is called Classic I forgot the whole name. It is made with merino and silk. It was a dream to work with. There are a few little design tweaks here and there. When I tried the Moebius on, I realized that it had a few problems. The first being that if I wanted to wear it as a head covering it needed to be a few more inches wider. Another problem, is that with the lace edging when I tried it on as a head covering, it looked like a baby bonnet. It would work very well just as a cowl, a dressy cowl. Above is a picture of the button that I am going to put on the back of the sweater. My Mom and I went button shopping a couple of weeks ago. I orginally thought about maybe getting a pearl type of button but decided to go with a silver and black button. I am very pleased with my selection. The best place in Kenosha I found to shop for buttons is actually JoAnn Fabrics. I had checked at WalMart and Hobby Lobby, the selection at both places were very disappointing. I guess they are good for plain buttons. JoAnn's actually had a lot of speciality buttons

Above is another view of the Lady E in all of her glory. It takes me approximately 15 minutes to knit one rectangle. I would usually knit one or two rectangles before I would leave for work in the morning. She has been put on the back burner, I want to finish my sweater before the weather gets too warm and I won't be able to wear it. What I find amusing about my Lady E, is that you can see a distinct line from where I joined a new skein of yarn. What's even more amusing is that they two skeins are from the dye lot. I am not sure if you can see them in the photo or not. anawhoisdoneplayingphotographerforatimebeing

No comments: